Thursday, January 14, 2010

Passionate McPie

I need to put my passion somewhere.  I have a tremendous amount of passion, and even if I give Mr. McPie as much of it as he wants and as much as he can take (get your mind out of the gutter people, well keep it in a little, its fun there), I still need somewhere to put the majority of what I have.  People always talk about how they have so much love to give, and I do have a lot of that too but I have great friends and family and spread that around just fine (again people, now you are just gross!) it's this insane amount of passion that I have and nowhere to put it.  Some people call this passion "energy", however, "energy" isn't specific enough for what I have.  You know those kids that start speaking really fast while jumping up and down and get louder by the second as they shake their heads every time they walk in the room to show someone some picture of something that no one can pinpoint?  OK well I am that kid, but I'm not a kid, I'm and adult and that excitement that passion still consumes me and I have nothing to show anyone because I didn't "draw" anything and now I have no idea how to let it out and frankly, it's making me grumpy. 

Sometimes I get desperate and I throw my passion into anything that will catch it, like recently, Snoop started working at a new restaurant, and its great, I love it, so I call people specifically to tell them about it and then I call Snoop 12 times an hour to talk about all these things I would write on yelp and citysearch if I actually wrote reviews and THEN I actually open fake accounts on yelp and citysearch and actually write the reviews I don't even know how to write AND THEN I facebook status update about this new restaurant that I love so much in hopes that somehow, my passion for making Snoop's new restaurant will somehow reward her as she is the hardest working waitress I have ever met and then I remember that even though she will make $264 in tips in just 5 hours, she likely walks with $65 because this new restaurant pools tips and now I am really pissed that I put all this passion into getting Snoop's co-workers a couple extra bucks that should have been all for her.  Situations like these are examples of what I call passion misplacement

So I keep thinking about what to do right...  well this week I considered becoming a life coach and then I realized how dangerous that would be, I would use my passion to cheer-lead people into their perfect lives, instead of using it to cheer-lead me in to my own, and then what...they go on without me...or they fail miserably with me...Both options suck for me.  These situations are examples of what I call passion projection.

What is happening right now is that certain occurrences are making it quite obvious that I need to get a grip here.  I tried putting my passion in to figuring out where to invest my passion and frankly it's killed a piece of my soul (I'm sure this piece of my soul is regenerative, however, I still notice that right now it is missing). 

I think there are people who are really great at having their relationships be the best part of their lives without smothering these relationships, I have an insane amount of envy for these people who I like to call "reasonable".  I need to be in a pretty regular state of feeling passionate to be my best self, I need to be inspired.  Bring it on world...I can take it!

P.S.  I totally stole "best self" from Oprah because frankly, if I catch her on tv, and it is one of her inspirational episodes, those moments when she has my attention, I am inspired...so ya, I want to be my best self in 2010..thanks big O (hahahahahaha I said big O)

No comments:

Post a Comment