Monday, November 23, 2009

Fly McPie Fly

Tomorrow morning, bright and 6:00am early, Mr. McPie, my brother  Fro NoFro and my soon-to-be sister-in-law Carat will fly back East to see my entire family for turkey day.  Mr. McPie has only met my Mother, Fro NoFro and Carat to date.  So this week he will meet my Father, Step-Mom, Mr. Mom (Step-Father), older sister Stoop, little sister Booty, aunt, uncle, and a slew of cousins....needless to say it is a big week.

Now last weekend I met Mr. McPie's entire family and it was amazing, couldn't have gone better really so there is a lot for this week to live up to.   What will Stoop and Booty think of Mr. McPie?  What will Mr. McPie think of Stoop and Booty?  My Mother, Fro NoFro and Carat all adore him already and I know that both my Step-Mom and Mr. Mom will be wonderful as they are both incredibly social people, however, I have never introduced either of them, or my Father to anyone I ever called my boyfriend and more importantly my Mr. McPie (I did introduce my Dad to my boyfriend senior year of high school, that boyfriend is out of the closet now...no I am not trying to make a correlation).  As I am a girl, I do get more nervous about my Father meeting Mr. McPie than I would other people; my Dad is not an intimidating guy by any means, but he is my Father and firsts are always scary.

Look, I am 31 and when I am talking to my Dad and say "we stayed at Mr. McPie's place last night" for whatever reason, I get incredibly nervous and embarrassed...like OMG my dad knows that I stayed at Mr. McPie's place and he probably knows what we did there!  I'm telling you, I feel like a child.  My nerves are swimming around my stomach like little chickens.......oh mygoodness, do you see my point?  I know that chickens don't swim!  Mr. McPie said I have been acting like a crazy person all weekend (I assure you he was sweet as pie when he said it).  I have tried to explain to myself numerous times that there is nothing to be nervous about (which is mostly true) and that I, McPie am confusing all of the excitement with nervousness, but for some reason, my brain is confused (and yes I mean more-so than usual).

I do have to go get emotionally prepared to take Hot Body and Plus Sized Model to Wiwi's house, she and Mr. Wiwi are taking care of the dogs for the week with the help of their two pit-bulls, one of which only has 3 legs.  Mr. McPie asked "will the ladiesbe ok without us for a week?"  my response "no"....we are still dropping them off..........

p.s.  I have yet to ever drop the ladies off without crying 10 minutes later........daddy issues AND doggie issues......I'm so super screwed!

No comments:

Post a Comment